Monday 18 July 2011

I have been sewn up quiet a few times by Uncle Jerry and his Dr friend.The time the dog mauled my head was one of the first times i remember,the next time was when Jerry the Dr and the Dr's pal decided to play a game called two up one down.I am sure you can work it out but just in case of any doubt two of them forced themselves inside me together,while the third one went in the back.The pain was incredible but i had socks stuffed in my mouth to make sure i couldn't scream.Feeling my insides tearing,and the blood running out of me,was nearly as horrific as the torture itself.The Dr said they had to stop as i was loosing too much blood,he got off me but the other two carried on.He told them if they didn't stop there was a chance i would bleed to death,they stopped immediately and Jerry asked him what they should do.He said they had to trust him,and he went down to his car returning with his Dr's bag in hand.
The Dr took out some things and laid them on a towel,telling Jerry to pay attention he threaded what he called special thread through a curved needle.Talking Uncle Jerry through every step he began to stitch me up inside,the other guy tied my arms to the bed before helping Jerry to hold my legs still.My body was shaking(going into shock according to the Dr)and i was drifting in and out of consciousness,yet very much aware of the pain.I saw what looked like a plastic bag filled with blood and a little plastic straw(the sort you get with drinks cartons)in his hands now.He told me this was going to hurt,but i would feel much better afterwards,all i remember thinking is it all bloody hurts and i never feel any better.They released my left arm and he told them to keep it absolutely still,tremendous pain as he forced the straw into my arm,he put a thin tube from the bag into the straw as he gave me my first blood transfusion.The three of them sat smoking and chatting while they waited for the blood to finish running into my vein,after the initial pain of the straw going in the rest was more like a dull ache.Once the transfusion had finished he quickly pulled the straw from my arm,then pressed down as hard as he could to make the blood clot,so i wouldn't bleed from the site.My arm was bandaged and fastened by my side,my legs tied down so i couldn't move and wouldn't disturb the stitches.
Uncle Jerry gave me a pain killer and told me to rest,i was physically and emotionally exhausted,every last bit of energy drained from my poor little body,i drifted in and out of sleep for the rest of the day.Woken by Jerry as he untied me and ordered me to stay in bed,he was to tell my Dad i was having a really bad period and the Dr had advised i stay in bed and don't move for at least 24 hours.My Dad had no reason not to believe Jerry,and i was far too afraid to tell him the truth,so i stayed in my wet blood covered bed until the next day.Dad and Jerry brought me tablets for the pain,i think Jerry only did this so it seemed like he had actually called a Dr out to me.The next day i was still in pain and it was uncomfortable to move,but i had no choice,going to the toilet brought a new wave of pain every time,but as usual i got used to the pain and life just carried on as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment