Tuesday 9 August 2011

My eyes start to close as my breathing slows
darkness taking over sleep is calling to me
peace and tranquility are mine at last
The silence breaks as the demons return
taking over my sleep my mind my life
I am back in time to a terrible place
watching from above totally powerless
try as i might i can't reach the little girl
her eyes wide pleading begging for it to end
her abusers carry on ignoring her pleas
their satisfaction their only concern
I shout and i scream at them to stop
to leave her alone put an end to her pain
I can't make them hear me I can't make them stop
whatever i do she is always just out of reach
this poor little girl so damaged so small
finished and satisfied they get up and leave
her hours of torture over - at least for now
she lays there shaking silently sobbing into a pillow
blood trickling like a slow running tap
her face twisted from excrutiating pain
I want to hold her comfort her take her away
to a place they won't find her keep her safe
I still can't reach her as she turns to me
in almost a whisper between tiny sobs
why she asks why didn't you stop them
why did you let them rape and beat me over and over
you could have helped me you should have saved me
tears stream down my face and all i can say is SORRY
sorry i didn't save you so sorry you are me
sobbing i return to the here and now sleep is lost
peace won't return this evening if it returns at all


No comments:

Post a Comment