Friday 1 July 2011

Poem Panic

My heart is beating so hard and fast,it feels like it is going to jump out of my chest.Thunder thumping in my head joined by a bass drum,surely it is going to explode.Palms sweating hands and legs shaking,vomit rising in my throat trying it's best to escape.Keep swallowing don't be sick,don't let the panick win.
Flashbacks coming thick and fast,doing their best to destroy me.Taking in huge gulps of air as if i had been underwater,i try to calm myself down.The battle with the tears is back again,they keep trying to escape.I need to keep them inside,desperate to keep some kind of control over at least one thing.
Sinking to the floor,i know i am loosing this fight.THINK try to think what can i do,what might help.THINK think of somewhere safe,now to go there in my head.Picture the scene in my safe place,loving arms wrapped tightly around me.LISTEN listen to what they say"It's ok you are safe here,we could never hurt you,we love you.
LISTEN listen and believe,now stand up the panick is over,stand up and just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment